Monday, January 22, 2024

Get Back, Get Back, Get Back to where you once belonged ...

Okay I decided I definitely had better get back to writing. I mean it's simply not productive to just "think" about what I want to write. I need to Get Back to it. The only way is through doing it. I have so many unwritten things I need to finish. I tend to just read the news lately. I am almost forced into it when I link my shop to different sites. Then I go down the bunny trail of reading news items that really can bring you down.

So looking back I can say I spent far too much time making reels for Instagram for my shop. I mean I enjoyed the creative aspect of that, especially finding music because I love music but it didn't really bring customers my way as much as I had hoped. I started liinaloom.com to have my own website and it's really cool for sure but liinaloom on Etsy has more sales.

What do I dream of? For some reason I dream about going to a rural community and teaching again! My first teaching job was when I was 24 years old and I moved to Clearwater, BC. I taught in a little school called Dutch Lake Elementary! I mean how cute is that? It really was, all of it! I loved teaching and I had a lot of friends most of whom were also teachers! My next door neighbour was Indira Chauhan and she taught in the same school I did. We had so much fun comparing notes about the funny things the kids would say.  She almost had an arranged marriage but decided against it and ended up marrying a local guy who wasn't Indian.  We never kept in touch but I sincerely hope they were happy together. 

The only downside of going to Clearwater was that I left the love of my life back on Vancouver Island. I dated so many other guys but no one compared to him. We fell in love when we were only 19 so what can I say other than it was my first love. Isn't that always the best one? Well if not it so often is the ''idealized one''. The distance between us was too great to keep us together and so the relationship ended when he met someone else. I feel like that coloured my entire life. Maybe coloured isn't the right word, more like tainted? I'm not sure but if I were to be honest here it did interfere with me finding someone. I eventually did get married and we were a good match but I do often reflect on what life would have been like had I married the first love guy.  As you may have guessed I won't be divulging his real name ha ha ha , hereinafter referred to as ''the first love guy''. 

Here are our two beautiful dogs Shiloh and Finn! Shiloh is a puppy and is the white one with the tan and black face and black spots and Finn is the black and white one! Shiloh is a handful because she is still a puppy!



I feel like I have always been a writer at heart but not particularly an accomplished one. I mean I think what I write is good but does anyone else? That remains to be seen if I can actually get something published. I will try! One of my books that is half written is so close to my heart that I honestly think of the characters as people I know! Yeah! Weird isn't it? I imagine they have these lives that I have created of course. The main character is currently on the West Coast of Washington state and I need for her to keep moving forward in this story!  It's a pretty exciting one and she left her old life behind in Vancouver BC to work in this remote place. I guess I better not give too much of it away but honestly I want her to have a kind of spiritual awakening! I'm not indigenous so I can't really write about the original people of the area without prior knowledge of their roots and ancestry but I would love to be able to go down that path.

I will however let you know if I have continued to write. In the meantime if you're bored you could always check out my shops! I have the one I mentioned earlier liinaloom.com and honestly the clothes are in such amazing shape for vintage. That's because I handpick everything. I also have liinaloom.etsy.com and stonehousechic.etsy.com 

I'm going to post some fun pics now! Here's one of me with my daughter when we were visiting the capital city of BC, Victoria. I looked through all my pics of the past year and was surprised I had almost none! I'm wearing this weird hat here, just forgive me for that okay? Catch ya later! In the slow lane! ha ha ha 


       

No comments: